Sunday, September 20, 2009

Perspective

Put your anxious mind at rest and just stop. Find true peace and contentment in each and every moment and circumstance of the day. God is still on His throne orchestrating and ordaining our lives. Why should I worry about what comes next? Yes, plan and prepare for the future, but fret about it? That would not be according to the knowledge that God has given me.

I know that in Him are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. I know that He causes all things to work together for my good. I know that He has ordained my steps and that He cares for me. I know that all of my days are determined and that in Him I live and move and have my being. I know that the light of His gospel has shined in my heart and that I must be anxious for nothing but in everything I must make my requests known to God by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving. I know that because God is on His throne and Jesus is there interceding for me I can trust the One who is above all to direct my life, I can stop fretting under a weight that I wasn’t meant to carry and take His yoke upon me because His burden is easy and His yoke is light and in Him I find rest. He is the potter and I am the clay, why should I presume to have a better plan than He?

Furthermore, He who watches out for me neither slumbers nor sleeps. I can go forth and make it my aim to live my life according to the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; that I might walk worthy of the Lord pleasing Him in every respect and being fruitful unto every good work walking according to His Truth. Being found in Him according to His righteousness. Knowing that this treasure is in an earthen vessel that the excellency of the power may be of God and not of me. That He who began a good work in me will faithfully complete it. For I am persuaded that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate me from the love of my God which is in Christ Jesus my Lord. Therefore, I will be still and know that He is my God.

No comments: